Parent Category: New enterprises
Category: Representative offices
A representative office is the easiest way for foreign entrepreneurs to begin their activities in China.
Applicant appoints an agent, which can be a foreign investment services company in the mainland or a representative from your company.
Agent submits on applicant's behalf all the required documents to the provincial foreign trade and economic cooperation department for handling application procedures.
Upon approval granted, applicant should proceed promptly to the provincial or municipal administration for industry and commerce for registration.
Other formalities to be handled by the resident representative:
- Complete residence application procedures with local public security bureau by presenting registration certificate, representative certificate and approval certificate
- Apply for opening bank account by presenting registration certificate and approval certificate to local foreign exchange administration
- Apply to Customs for permission to import office equipment, daily necessities and transport vehicles for use by the representative office and its personnel
- Complete tax payment registration procedure at local tax office
- Appoint local foreign service company to recruit local staff